Football season is looming, and I mean that in the best way possible. High spirits. Plenty of beer. Rivalries. Good food. Really it just boils down to tailgating.
A few weeks ago a friend asked when we'd be sampling my jambalaya again. I can't tell you why I enjoy making this so much, but I really do. Originally, my friends had their doubts. It debuted at New Years in 2009. No one was that intrigued when I offered to cook dinner that night. (I believe someone asked what the big deal was about chicken and rice...) Luckily for my ego, they changed their tune after a few bites.
In six short weeks, LSU will play UNC in Atlanta for the Chick-fil-A kick off game. This sounds like prime time to me. I typically prefer a a good chill in the air before I pull out my jambalaya pot, but I think this is the date.
I'm ready. Ready for purple and gold. Ready for my tiger earrings. Ready to pace a line behind my sofa. Ready for the way fresh cut grass smells like Trinity on a Friday night. Ready for football season.
No comments:
Post a Comment