Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pick a Scone, Any Scone

I'm back! I'm back! I promise - I'm back. Seriously.

Wild two months. I buckled down and studied for the GRE. It went off without a hitch. Might retake it for pride. We shall see.

Flew to see Little Sister in St. Louis. We found the wedding dress. It was amazing. I cannot believe it. The baby. Isn't. A. Baby. (At least, she'll always be my little sister...)

Moved into the Lizard's condo. This place is slowly but surely coming together. I'm taking it slowly, but I will unpack this place and have it like I want it before the New Year. This new leaf I've turned over - decided every item must have a home - a place of its own. So I'm taking my time. Plus, I get my first never-been-owned-by-anyone-else sofa delivered on Thursday!

Because I can't always recognize when I have enough on my plate, I decided I would start training to run the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston in April. Week five of running and I am still alive. (Some days I even impress myself.) I am SO thankful Mimmy is running with me. Makes a huge difference.

I have my first house guest tonight. My very favorite friend. I've pulled out the crock pot for the first time this fall. Red beans and rice for my favorite reptile. So very, very happy to see her.

Now - important things here. I owe a very, very dear friend some savory scones. She has come to a beautiful, exciting and healthy new chapter in her life, and we are celebrating by making Taylor face one of her fears. I am, in fact, a little nervous about making the scones. Batter I'm great with. Dough makes me break out in a cold sweat. Dough is finicky. Like me I suppose. Which only makes me more nervous.

So I'll be asking for your input. Below are four savory scone recipes. Her only preference was something savory. Below are links to the choices:
I'm so glad to have my life back. These past couple of months were hairy, but I made it on the other side. I have the privilege of making the entirely too desirable Milky Way cake for a party this weekend. What sick part of me looks forward to baking on a Friday night? (At least I don't have five cats.)

I'm back to the kitchen and back to myself. Taking the time to challenge myself physically, prove to myself that I've still got "it." And when the New Year hits and class is behind me, there is only one thing left to do. Find a ballet class. I can't wait!

P.S. Don't forget to pick a scone!

No comments:

Post a Comment