My new favorite thing is make is scones. I made a batch this morning after my long run. They are delicious. I won't divulge the recipe, because it was shared with me. I will, however, tell you why I love making them so much.
1. I adore the friend who gave me the recipe.
2. I love that it has an SMU Meadows connection.
3. I love to bake. (Betcha didn't know that one.)
4. I met the pastry cutter. I love the pastry cutter.
5. They seem to be difficult to screw up.
6. They are delicious.
7. You can make them with whatever dried fruit and nut sounds good to you.
This morning's batch.
I could make these every Sunday. Too bad the long runs probably won't make up for the stick of butter! At least there is a brand new baby at Lizard's house, so I can share with them. Here's to yummy breakfast goodness and a cup of coffee!
No comments:
Post a Comment