Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Farmers Market Loot

This past weekend I made a journey to the Durham Farmers Market with a lovely client. We took the windy country roads from Carrboro to Durham and enjoyed the trees and the sunshine along the way.

The market itself was wonderful. There were lots of vendors, food trucks all lined up, some sort of race that morning and an entire section of the market devoted to craft vendors. It was great. It would be hard not to return each Saturday we have left here.

Afterwards, Cay and I went to Scratch Bakery. I'd been wanting to try it out. We shared a slice of buttermilk pie and sat in the sunshine. She shared several recipes with me. When I make them, I'll have to be sure to document the fun.

It was really a wonderful morning. We finally headed back home after noon. I felt very lucky to share a nice morning with such a wonderful lady. Below is my loot...


Fresh flowers, grapefruit marmalade, yellow cauliflower, strawberries.


Eggs, zucchini, cucumber and more yellow cauliflower.



No comments:

Post a Comment