Saturday, May 4, 2013

Duke Gardens


This picture was captured at the Sarah P. Duke Gardens on the Duke Campus. We decided to go after I finished work one Saturday. It was beautiful. While it wasn't the same experience as visiting the Biltmore, it was still a great way to spend the afternoon. Tom took his camera and certainly has more images than this. Maybe those will surface soon.

This is such a wonderful place to take a book and a blanket. We saw lots of people with picnics and one field full of co-eds throwing balls and hanging out.

For being such a good sport, I took him to Fullsteam afterwards. (Truth is I don't think he minded the gardens. He has a way of appreciating many different things even when they aren't his "thing".) Here we bumped into Emmy's brother and sister-in-law. It was great to see familiar faces. We sat and had a couple of beers and ate dinner together from a food truck. It was such a great way to get out and enjoy where we are while we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment