Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Left All Alone


Last week Tom went to Hawaii. Without me.

Seen here:

To be honest this picture made me terribly happy. I woke up to it on his second day there. I had to smile.

I would say I had to busy myself, but there was plenty going on here.

I went out the Secret Bar with clients after work on Monday. I made a flying trip to Charlotte for a doctor appointment, ran a 10-mile race and spent two days with my Tri It for Life friends.

I did find sometime to get myself a hat. After turning 30 suddenly my fine lines don't seem so fine, and I think I can honestly say I have a decent sunspot on my right cheek. So I invested in something I will love wearing at the beach and by the pool. This is a selfie. I can't believe I know what that is much less took one.


My last night alone I finally broke down and made myself dinner. The tuna medallions were on sale at Teeter, so I seared tuna with his Adobo seasonings. I admit I did a good job. My favorite salad these days is half an avocado, cherry tomatoes and black olives with a bit of balsamic dressing. So good!


I also had the last Strawberry Abita in the fridge.

It was a nice week being my crazy self and spending too much time on projects and little things. I knew I would miss him, but I had no idea how very much. It was nice to see the difference between the ways things are and the way things were. Life is so much better when we are together.

In celebration of his return, I grabbed some daffodils at Trader Joe's today. I swear I've been skipping just knowing we would be home together tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment