I woke up on Fat Tuesday in pursuit of my own fun. We are too poor to order and ship King Cake's, but I hope that will change eventually. I had to bring Louisiana to us.
I pulled out my Holly Clegg cookbook and dug around for crawfish anything. My latest edition of Louisiana Cookin' was all about mudbugs. I haven't handled life well, since they rubbed the little critters in my face. (Did I mention I've been feeling jealous?)
Well with a little work and one tiny hiccup, we dined on Crawfish Creole on Tuesday night.
A little roux.
A little trinity.
A little Crawfish Creole.
My disappointment was a big one, but it didn't really impact the dish. I thought I was buying crawfish from south Louisiana. Alas, it was a Gulf Coast company, but crawfish meat was from China. CHINA?! I was upset, but we survived. I can't wait to get back towards the coast where the seafood is fresh and from someone with a terrific accent.
No comments:
Post a Comment