Friday, February 8, 2013

Weekend Menu Planning

This weekend T needs to buckle down on his thesis. It is possible he will defend his thesis on April 2nd, so the reality of the work to be done has officially hit home. He looked at me like I had three heads last night when I looked deep into his eyes and said, "I'm in charge this weekend!" I told him he has to focus, so I get to do all the cooking! Wahoo!

Here is what is in the works...

He will spend the night in Raleigh tonight before the Krispy Kreme Challenge tomorrow. I will go to Raleigh tonight to see a great friend who is in town, so supper tonight and breakfast tomorrow are off the books.

Saturday lunch - Shhhh! Don't tell him, but I'm picking up Jersey Mike's. We both love it, and after I've worked that morning, it will be something easy to bring home.

Saturday dinner - Salmon combining two recipes (See here and here.) Eggplant orzo. And something green.

Sunday breakfast - Mushroom and Shallot Frittata. Heart-shaped bacon (an early Valentine's day happy!). And fruit salad.

Sunday lunch - Chicken and Corn Chowder (I sort of want to make this shrimp instead of chicken.)

Sunday dinner - We have been invited to enjoy hot pot and a friend's house. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment